October 16, 2008

well burst my bubble...

I've been house-sitting since the first of October.  It's a great house in Black Forest.  The dog is well-behaved, they have a hot tub and deer visit me during diner.  It's lovely.

But it's not home.

And for the last two days, I've been hanging on the thought that tonight would be my last night.  That Friday night I would be tucked snugly in my own bed at home with my room-darkening shades and my alarm clock ready to lull me out of sleep with my favorite cd.

And then tonight I pull out my calendar to see what time I work Saturday and the evil truth leaps from the page.

Friday is not the 18th.

The owners don't return until the 18th.  

And in that moment, I deflated.  I was crushed under the weight of cruel reality.

And all I wanted was to go home.

1 comment:

MangyCat said...

Aw...I'm so sorry, Nia. *hugs* Get your focus on Saturday. Soon, soon...