May 13, 2013

venturing towards the end...

Wow, we are in the final five!  V is another hard one for me, but it just so happens that there is a lovely favorite that begins with V...


The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

My nickname isn't NarniaPrincess for no reason!  I'm a fan of Narnia, since the first time I heard the story (it was read to us by a teacher) back in the fifth grade.

This is the third in the Narnia series by C.S. Lewis (if you go by publication order, which I do, as that's the correct way :P ).  And it's my favorite largely because of Eustace.  I mean, come on, he's a very awesome character.  His arc is beautiful, even if he starts out overly annoying and YOU want to shove him off the starboard side of the ship, too.

I think what attracts me to this one over the other six is that it's more a quest for honor than a "save Narnia" tale.  War stories tend to bore me after a while, but this is more adventure and restoration.  Plus we meet some fantastic characters along the way.

Come back tomorrow to find out which story makes the cut for W!

No comments: