May 4, 2013

marching on...

We've arrived at the middle of the alphabet.  Which is kinda ironic, given my story for the day...


The Monster at the End of this Book

Tell me you aren't smiling right now.  Go on.  Admit it.  You have fond memories of this book, too.

If you haven't read it, hurry to the library.  It's a Sesame Street book featuring Grover. 

Basically, Grover has heard a rumor that there is a monster at the end of the book he is in, and he very much doesn't want to meet the monster.  So he spends every page trying to convince the reader NOT to turn the page.  And oh, the heartache you cause him when you do. 

I won't give away the ending (just in case you haven't gotten to the library yet. Get. Go!) but I will say that this was one of the first books that really made me feel like reading was interactive, not passive.  And that's pretty fantastic. 

Tune in tomorrow for an epic tale that starts with N...

No comments: