April 25, 2007

paint fume memories...

So it is 1:30 in the morning and I am so wide awake it is not even funny. I blame it on Amy who called at 9:30 yesterday morning (while I was still sleeping) and canceled the babysitting job I had planned for her. I ended up crawling back into bed for "a few more minutes" and slept until just after 11. Oops.

Anyway, I got the first coat of paint on the family room tonight, ceiling included. I hate painting ceilings. Paint gets in my hair and on my face, it's a nightmare to clean up. But these ceilings aren't as bad as dad's in WY so I can't complain too much. The house now reeks of paint and I'm enduring the freezing air from outside in an effort to breath. Life is full of choices... breath and freeze or die warm.

I remembered something else I wanted to put in my post about forgetting (how apropos). I wish I could remember that we have a sump pump (two, actually, if you want the whole truth). One is located outside a few feet from my window. It only makes noise when it rains (or snows) enough for the hole to fill up with water and set the pump off (or on, whatever). Then it makes this obnoxious sound like a jet engine. I think the fairies purposely make it only go off just as I'm falling asleep so it can scare the heebe jeebes out of me. Works every time until I figure out what it is.

Okay, that's enough for now. I think I'll write some on my novel now. Have to put these hours to good use.

No comments: