October 21, 2006

the lucky three...

I almost forgot to post about the books I've decided to take. And since a few of you have asked about it, I'm going to tell you.

First, I'm taking Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis. It's the newest in my Lewis library and I've only read it once. That means that I have several times of re-reading it before I really understand it. I wanted to take something Lewis as he is one of my favorite writers, but the Chronicles are too short and the Space Trilogy is three books and takes up too much room. I think this will be a great choice for my Lewis selection.

Second, my Jane Austen selection. I picked Persuasion for several reasons. It's the last work by Austen and the most mature. It is also about a lost and found love, and dealing with family and societal pressures. I can't say it's my favorite Austen, because I love them all, but it's near the top always.

Third and final, I'm taking Walking on Water by Madeline L'Engle. I really wanted something by L'Engle but could not decide which of the Time Quartet books to take. This one is a non-fiction about being a Christian writer/artist. It's amazing. It stirs my creativity and satisfies my need for elegant writing.

Well, those are the three I'm taking with me to read. And if any of you feel the need to send me quality literature while I'm away, I will love you forever!

No comments: