October 10, 2006

the end and the beginning...

I have only 3 days left of work at Compassion. That's weird. I've known for a while now that I wasn't going to make it to 10 years (that would have been August 07) but it's still rather odd to think I won't be there after Friday. I've spent a third of my life working there and it has had a great impact on who I am today.

It's even weirder to think that in a few short weeks, I'll be in another country to live for two years. I don't think it has set in yet, there is too much to do first. All the packing and selling and giving away of things. I finally did my resume (the PC needed it yet again) and my aspiration statement. That's two less pieces of paperwork that I have to do.

Pippin is settled in his new home. That's one big relief. It's hard not to have him but it was easier than losing Watson. I think it's because I know he's safe somewhere, sorta like he is on vacation. Maybe I'll get a monkey in Namibia, just to have a pet to take care of.

Well, here's to the old and looking forward to the new. Less than a month to go!

No comments: