March 13, 2009

rant...

So I got to Panera this evening, all ready to settle in for a comfortable evening. And they got Mt. Dew back in, so that was a good sign.

I got out the laptop and booted it up. Got my cup of Mt. Dew. Logged into the internet and WHAP, facebook has a new look--and it's ugly. Not only that, but they took anything I liked about the home page (the easy links to applications, poke notifications, the clean look) away. Then they replaced all the good stuff with crap--list on the left-hand side that do nothing (are are therefore useless, not to mention they clutter the page). They have a "highlights" section that is other stories from my friends (which I like), but there are ads mixed in, I can't tell it if I care about that story or not (as I could when it was in the feed), and it takes up an amazing amount of room--which bumps things I DO care about far down the page. The links to are just gone--replaced by those useless buttons on the left that don't actually TAKE you to the application.

Yes, I'm ranting. I need to get it out of my system. I'm once again confounded that a service took something that was working fine, looked great and served the purpose that I wanted (hence why I signed up), and they destroyed it. I don't understand why they do this. It makes no sense to me. None at all.

And now, the way I've been keeping in touch with old friends is a mess--and that makes me want to throw something.

(I did, by they way, provide facebook with feedback--all nice and put in a constructive way, etc. But I highly doubt they will do anything about it, hence why I have to rant here, where at least someone might listen and pat me on the head :) ).

No comments: