April 9, 2008

highlight...

I'm so tickled to see that my Muse poem was selected as a highlight of day two in the Poem-A-Day challenge (by the blog author). Miss Pottenger's poem was also selected. We are slowly becoming famous!

I need to write a poem for yesterday's prompt. I saw it, but it was rather late and I wasn't inspired, so I'm letting it stew for a while. That's a drawback to this challenge, it makes you feel so much pressure to write in that moment, and sometimes poetry needs time. But I'm not feeling rushed. The poem will come. It might be very bad when it does, but that's okay. (By the way, I'm not going to post all my poems here, because some of them are bad!)

Well, just wanted to gloat for a moment. And did I mention that I was recently published? Check it out: Boston Literary Magazine. Leave me a comment and let me know how you like them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing your "writing side".. something I totally lack! It's funny to me that you can write some 2000 words for your novel during November, but poems can stew even though they require less words. Way to go and keep up the writing! I can't wait until you are famous and I can say I knew her when!

Sara said...

the novel requires just as much stewing, which is why I usually pick a story that I've been thinking about for months :) But prose does come out quicker and it is easier to edit-- something about the length of poetry, where each word carries more weight, makes it take longer...

thanks for commenting--I feel famous already!