August 10, 2007

that does it!

Micky D's went and did the unthinkable... they raised the price of my favorite breakfast item. Yes, they went there. So, I'm going here. The new price (which is a whopping $2.69) is ridiculous... yes, I said it. No single breakfast item from Micky D's is worth that much... and even their .69 extra large drink doesn't make up for it. So, from here on out, no stopping at Micky D's on the way to church on Sunday morning. Nope. From now on, I'm buying the pre-made, frozen breakfast sandwiches. It is way more cost effective not to mention I won't waste any more of my time in the eternally slow drive-thru (that is a whole other subject).

I will miss my yummy Sunday morning treat (not to mention the extra caffeine boost) but you have to draw the line somewhere, and I drew it at $2.29.

3 comments:

MangyCat said...

Bummer! You know, I bet you could figure out how to make those, make them ahead of time, put them in the freezer, and just microwave as needed. ;o) I do that all the time with stuff we like at restaurants. Maybe we can experiment together something. :oP

Sara said...

I've tried a few times... what I love is the maple syurp in the pancake... but Jimmy Dean makes a pretty good one that isn't too expensive :)

Liz said...

Hi Sara!
This is really in response to your post about hearing that Keith came home (I assume that was who you were talking about)... Although that is a very sad story about McDonalds :)

As a fellow ETer I'd love to email you to see how you're doing. I lost the email list so you'll have to email me first... if you get a chance drop me a line.

Liz Peterman
lizpeterman@gmail.com