December 28, 2007

coming to an end...

Yep, the year is winding down, again. It doesn't seem like a whole year has past. This time last year, I was up in WY with dad, finishing the painting on his house and being very ill. Thankfully I'm not sick like that again, it really stunk.

So here is a quick run down of what my year looked like. It is the first year in about 10 where I wasn't working full-time. Instead, I've worked at the church in the nursery, and then recently, added receptionist once a week. In November, I added retail sales to my resume with a job at Bath & Body Works. For the record, I'm really enjoying working there, even if it has made my feet developed plantars fascitis. They love me and plan to keep me after the holidays.

I've enjoyed the extra time I had this year and filled it with writing and hanging out with friends. The Myers kids love that they can call anytime and I am usually available to come over or go out to lunch with them. I've had many a great writing session at Panera bread, often with Miss Pottenger. I wrote more in '07 than any year previous, and maybe doubled my collection of written works!

In May, a friend of mine (Dianna) convinced me to become a mentor on the teen writing forum she runs. In June, 13 or so of these teens came to Colorado to hang out. We had a blast. They are a great group of people and I'm honored to be a part of them.

The year was plagued with car trouble that I won't repeat, except for the curious incident of the raccoon at night. Yes, I hit a raccoon at 3 in the morning on I-25. Yes, it caused great damage. A month later, my engine died. With all of the trouble, I came to the conclusion that I was not going to be reapplying to PC, at least for the time being. So, I'm now in the "what's next" mode.

I am on track to complete my '07 resolution of reading 75 books in the year. If you want to see what I kept so busy reading, look me up on Goodreads.com! My '08 goal is 100 books!

I can't think of any other exciting happenings for the year. We did keep Carin's dog for a few months while she moved from CA back to CO. I got stuck in Parker overnight on Christmas due to the 13th-ever Christmas snow storm. Dad comes to visit, we see Vicky often, Nathan is still working and Mom moved to Illinois. I got to see Dara in June and can't wait to see her next year when she returns home.

So the year draws to a close and I'm sitting here and thinking it was a pretty good year. Filled with challenges and hard times, it had more silver lining than past years. I hope your year was wonderful and I can't wait to start the grand adventure of 2008 with you in a few days!

No comments: