September 22, 2007

for the want of a blowhorn...

The wilderness would be so much nicer if other people stayed out of it...

That sums up my feelings at the moment. I spent the entirety of last night awake, listening to the other people who chose to come to the woods. Not fun. There was the party just across the road who decided to blast country music until 3 AM. And then the people who drove up the road at midnight and another car at 3 and another at 5 (that one stalled twice, lovely grinding of the engine to keep you awake). Or we could talk about the people who drove OUT at 1 and 4. Honestly, these are not the sort of roads you should be traversing in the dark.

I may have fallen asleep a few times, but I never stayed asleep for more than a few minutes at a time.

Why do these people come to the woods? I mean, if you aren't going to enjoy the wild, why go? We (I'm talking humanity as a whole) are very bad about imposing ourselves. We take our noise and announce our presence. Maybe we all need a lesson in how to blend in to our surroundings.

No comments: