May 31, 2010

it's not as bad as I'd like to think it is...

My laptop is sick, and has been for a few days. According to my brother (who is smart in these areas), it isn't associating an IP address. Looks like he is going to be able to fix it. I'm glad. These last few days have been horrid. And yet, I haven't gone without. No, I've been able to do just about everything I need to do online. How, you ask. Well, I have more than one laptop.

It's sad, really. I have three laptops and a desktop (however, the desktop is so old that it doesn't have wireless, and I don't use it often.). Two of those three laptops do have wireless, and they all turn on, run programs, and let me get things done. So really, I can't complain.

And yet, I find myself sad and irritated and upset that my shinny laptop won't work fully. It's been a long few days as I've constantly had to remind myself that I am not underprivileged in any way, I have nothing to complain about, and that I should just suck it up and get over myself.

Isn't life fun?

The weekend, however, has been bad for my family. My young cousin, Tyler, drowned while at a youth retreat. I hadn't seen him in years, but I was catching up on how life was going with my aunt over the last few months, and I was proud of how he was turning out. His death is a huge shock to us all, and I can't even begin to image how hard it is on his parents and brother. I wish I could go be with them, but I can't get away. Sometimes life sucks for real.

Tyler will be missed by friends and family. I hope he's in heaven now.

No comments: