September 27, 2006

waiting and choices...

It's Wednesday and I'm still waiting for my invite to be mailed. Everyday that passes with no invite feels like one less day I have to wrap things up and get ready. The stress is taking a toll but I'm doing my best to hang in there. What else is there to do?

As I wait, I am doing the few things I can do. One of those is trying to determine what books I will take with me. I am a book junkie but I know that I can only take 3-4 books with me. That is like telling a fish he can have 1/2 an inch of water, or a bird that he can only fly for a minute a day. There are several books I have that are new (haven't been read by me before) not to mention the over 20 that I try to read once per year. It's going to be a hard choice.

Before I tell you all the books I'm set on taking, I want to hear from you. What books would you take if you could only take 3? What criteria would you use? Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

3 comments:

MangyCat said...

I would take C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogy-Out of the Silent Planet, Perlandra, and This Hideous Strength. It's a story with many levels that I could easily live again and again. Of course, I have the trilogy in one volume, so technically, that's just ONE book, right?

Sara said...

where did you get the one volume set?? I considered this but I have the 3 book set and that's too bulky! I would love to find a one volume!

MangyCat said...

I think I got it from a book club, but I can't remember for sure. I bet you could find it someplace!